Search Engine Optimization is a long term process and it can gives you good return on investment after a certain time if you maintain on page SEO factors for your website from the beginning. Even some time people prefer to invest more in SEO rather than SEM to get more organic visitor from search engine ranking pages.
There are many on page factors recommended by Google to get better organic ranking in SERP for search terms. Google use to update many on page and off page factors after a certain time. In previous days Google has released some very effective SEO updates like Pre & Post Panda update, Penguin update, Hummingbird update etc. These updates have changed the entire SEO process in last 2 years.
Not only that, Google also released many algorithm updates where it increases and minimizes priorities of different SEO factors like quality gets the maximum priority for any particular web page whether it comes to link building or content development. Google’s intention is to give more authentic information or search results to its users.
Now days search engine optimization is a known term for most of the website owners and many people are trying to optimize their webpages to get more and more traffic. I hope this article will help people to understand the on page factors of search engine optimization.
- Quality Content: It starts with the content of any particular webpage. For Google quality has the maximum priority and the body content of any particular webpage must contain quality and unique contents. It should not be copied. It must contain products or services you are offering to your target audience.
- Meta Tags: Another important factor is the Page Title of any particular webpage. Your targeted keywords should be present in the title of any particular webpage. Don’t use same keyword again and again it doesn’t help your webpage to improve SERP rank. Try to make a proper sentence by using keywords within 60 characters while you develop Page Title. Write a description about a webpage for Meta Description tag and mention 3-4 targeted keywords in the Meta keyword tag for any particular webpage.
- Robots: It is text file webmasters create to give instructions about any website to the web crawlers or web robots which files or pages to crawl and what to ignore.
- Sitemap: It is a xml file used by webmasters to inform search engines about website URLs and their priorities.
- Alt Tag: Always use keywords in alt tags for images of any webpage or websites. It will help images to get ranked in image search.
- Strong tags: Use strong tag for important subjects or keywords to make your user and search engines understand the priority of that particular subject among all other contents. It is recommended not to use bold tag for main body content of any webpage.
- Code Structure: Keep your back end organized and try to use valid tags. Run a W3C validation and check if your codes are having any error and issue or not. Try not to use so many Java Script and JQuery codes because Google doesn’t like these codes. Use proper CSS and make sure that the website has no broken link.
- URL Structure: Always keep subject or keyword in URL for static websites. For dynamic websites it is recommended to rewrite URLs if it contains session ID and other dynamic symbols.
- Canonicalization: A canonical tag is a way of telling search engines that which is the original copy of a page where duplicate content appearing on more than one URL. A canonical tag looks like – <link rel=”canonical” href= “www.example.com” />
- 301 Redirection: It is possible to have multiple URLs for same content which will be a problem for web crawler to identify the preferred one. www.example.com & www.example.com/index.html both are having same content but these two are different web pages. In 301 redirection ( www.example.com/index.html) this particular page will be redirected to www.example.com. It means when someone open www.example.com/index.html he or she will get www.example.com instead of www.example.com/index.html.
There are so many other factors apart from above mentioned points but you will get good result, if you can maintain these points for optimizing any web page.