Search Engine Optimization is a long term process and it can gives you good return on investment after a certain time if you maintain on page SEO factors for your website from the beginning. Even some time people prefer to invest more in SEO rather than SEM to get more organic visitor from search engine ranking pages.
There are many on page factors recommended by Google to get better organic ranking in SERP for search terms. Google use to update many on page and off page factors after a certain time. In previous days Google has released some very effective SEO updates like Pre & Post Panda update, Penguin update, Hummingbird update etc. These updates have changed the entire SEO process in last 2 years.
Not only that, Google also released many algorithm updates where it increases and minimizes priorities of different SEO factors like quality gets the maximum priority for any particular web page whether it comes to link building or content development. Google’s intention is to give more authentic information or search results to its users.
Now days search engine optimization is a known term for most of the website owners and many people are trying to optimize their webpages to get more and more traffic. I hope this article will help people to understand the on page factors of search engine optimization.
- Quality Content: It starts with the content of any particular webpage. For Google quality has the maximum priority and the body content of any particular webpage must contain quality and unique contents. It should not be copied. It must contain products or services you are offering to your target audience.
- Meta Tags: Another important factor is the Page Title of any particular webpage. Your targeted keywords should be present in the title of any particular webpage. Don’t use same keyword again and again it doesn’t help your webpage to improve SERP rank. Try to make a proper sentence by using keywords within 60 characters while you develop Page Title. Write a description about a webpage for Meta Description tag and mention 3-4 targeted keywords in the Meta keyword tag for any particular webpage.
- Robots: It is text file webmasters create to give instructions about any website to the web crawlers or web robots which files or pages to crawl and what to ignore.
- Sitemap: It is a xml file used by webmasters to inform search engines about website URLs and their priorities.
- Alt Tag: Always use keywords in alt tags for images of any webpage or websites. It will help images to get ranked in image search.
- Strong tags: Use strong tag for important subjects or keywords to make your user and search engines understand the priority of that particular subject among all other contents. It is recommended not to use bold tag for main body content of any webpage.
- Code Structure: Keep your back end organized and try to use valid tags. Run a W3C validation and check if your codes are having any error and issue or not. Try not to use so many Java Script and JQuery codes because Google doesn’t like these codes. Use proper CSS and make sure that the website has no broken link.
- URL Structure: Always keep subject or keyword in URL for static websites. For dynamic websites it is recommended to rewrite URLs if it contains session ID and other dynamic symbols.
- Canonicalization: A canonical tag is a way of telling search engines that which is the original copy of a page where duplicate content appearing on more than one URL. A canonical tag looks like – <link rel=”canonical” href= “www.example.com” />
- 301 Redirection: It is possible to have multiple URLs for same content which will be a problem for web crawler to identify the preferred one. www.example.com & www.example.com/index.html both are having same content but these two are different web pages. In 301 redirection ( www.example.com/index.html) this particular page will be redirected to www.example.com. It means when someone open www.example.com/index.html he or she will get www.example.com instead of www.example.com/index.html.
There are so many other factors apart from above mentioned points but you will get good result, if you can maintain these points for optimizing any web page.
In today’s time of technological advancement social media is an important aspect of marketing strategy. It is one of the most satisfying marketing channels, but somehow can be subtle area for the minor businesses. According to the character and feature of the business there are a lot of areas and variables that can be worked upon to improve the business and profit margins. For this it is pivotal to design a suitable and inclusive strategy which can be implemented in an accurate and a precise approach. Below are jotted down some of the imperative tips in making a prosperous social media strategy.
- Focus on the Subject– it is very essential to connect with the audience, so simultaneously it is important to be well versed with the answer to the question that is being given to the audience. Relevant posts, short articles or any other informative piece is helpful in this regard.
- “BRAND” specificity in the business- Branding of the particular object in the business is equally vital to reach out to the target audience. Proper branding means sending out the correct message so that the audience can relate.
- Time Management- In any business, to make it successful, time management is hugely required. Timely decision and proper work division is of utmost significance to achieve the target. Effort pays off at last if it is sincerely put. Objectives should be kept straight and focused so that task can be more effective.
- Patience- “Rome was not built in a day.” This phrase is as important as is “the sun rises in the east.” It definitely takes some time for results to evolve from the labor put in the social media. Some good relationship should be established with the audience along with the repute at first which is the most difficult and time consuming phase. This initial phase is very important and decisive about the desired result for the business to grow and spread out its reach.
- Accurate Scrutinization- From the very beginning, earnest efforts should be made to analyze the successful achievements and keep a track of any and every development. Small developments lead to king size improvements.
- Timely Elimination- In the process of supervization if something exists that is not fit and kind of unfavorable and negative for the business, it should be eliminated at once. The objective of all the strategies is to connect well with the audience and if something is not pitching well then definitely changes are mandatory.
- Prompt payment- It happens in business that in the very start budget is little. But then also financial dilemma can be overcome by using indigenous advertising, where paying for commercials can actually boost the growth on social media.
SEO the full of what is search engine optimization is a very crucial part of regular ranking system for any web page. Google gives value to every page depending on the quality of the contents, keywords density, internal and external link structure and many other factors. This value reflects in the organic search ranking for any particular webpage. It’s known as “Page Rank” for search engine optimizers. Now the question follows as to how to direct Google for the betterment of the page rank that too for the keywords being targeted. The only way is to assure that Google actually receives the correct indicator from the page to be optimized and the high quality link structure should be maintained.
What is to be kept in mind is that there is a slim streak of difference between optimization of a page and over optimization of a page. Optimization brings in the desired result whereas over optimization can produce just the contradictory one. Therefore let us discuss how a particular a page can be optimized for a keyword and perk up its rank in a more proficient way at the same time keep away from over-optimization.
For better organic ranking, following factors need to be maintained in any particular page:
- Strong external link structure has to be maintained for a better page rank
- Links from high quality or high PR pages will boost the page rank of any particular webpage
- For external linking, only industry specific links should be considered to get maximum benefit
- Proper keyword placement in the page title is mandatory for important pages of any website
- Proper keyword placement in the “Head tags” in the body content is important
- Unique and high quality content will get more organic visitor, it will also help to get high PR
- 3% to 6% keyword density should be maintained in the body content
- All important pages should be linked from Home page or a few click away from the home page
- Internal link structure should be optimized and maintained for important pages of any website
There are so many other factors apart from above mentioned points but you will get good result, if you can maintain these guidelines. For link building, you should target websites related to same products or services you are offering to your online customers. Always target one high quality website link rather than 10 low quality website links.